Wednesday, October 20, 2010

34 Week Check-up

On Friday I went in for my 34 week appointment and everything is great! I am a few pounds over MY weight goal but that's okay. I am still eating pretty healthy. My appetite has just kicked into high gear!

My blood pressure was high, which the midwife was concerned about. I explained it was probably from the walk, the stairs (trying to get that extra exercise in there) and the fact that I didn't have a chance to relax before my appointment. I got called in early. Before I left she rechecked it and it was back to normal!

I walked out of her office hoping to schedule my next appointment at 36 weeks to meet with the OB/GYN to set my c-section date. Boy, was I bummed that I couldn't get in until I'm 37 1/2 weeks! Don't think that I'm not trying to get the baby here sooner, I'm not. I would love for the baby to come when she is ready but having gone through that with Orion, feeling and seeing the strain it put on everyone around me. I really don't want to do that again! I just want to have the date scheduled, to be prepared mentally and within our home.

I just keep telling myself "Patience Amy, patience".

No comments: