Tuesday, July 7, 2009

They say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem...

I am addicted to this stuff...


Which is so appropriately name "Addiction".

I made it for the 4th of July weekend. I put my own little twist on it by adding Red & Blue M&M's, Red & Blue Star Sprinkles & Red, White & Blue Jimmies.

You know how I told you I was on a coconut kick...this stuff is packed full of it!

I am feeling very generous so I'll share the recipe with you!

Addiction

1 (10 oz.) box Golden Grahams cereal

1 (10 oz.) Rice or Corn Chex

4 c. coconut

3 tbsp. butter

2 c. corn syrup

2 c. sugar

3 c. Almonds (sliced or whole)

Mix Golden Grahams, Chex, coconut & almonds in a large bowl. In a large saucepan, mix butter, corn syrup, & sugar. Bring to a boil for 3 minutes.Pour over cereal mixture & stir well. Put on cookie sheets sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. When cool, break apart & eat.

{Can substitute any nut for almonds, my personal fave if cashews}

This recipe was gifted to me by my cousin Emilie. You've created a CRAZY LADY!!!

No comments: